Saturday, May 19, 2012

Novation Twitch DJ Controller

Here we go again with another new DJ controller! This time it's the "Novation Twitch" DJ controller and look... No jog wheels! The last time I wrote a post on a product by this manufacturer it was on the "Slicer" by Novation (one of my earlier works) This controller also has some of the same effects found on the Slicer plus a whole lot more! Plus it incorporates "Serato Itch" software. Now if I said once, I may as well have said it a thousand times, that no matter how many gadgets and gimmicks a controller has on it....It will only sound as good as the person who uses it! And believe me when I tell you, this one has a lot of stuff for you to explore! I think I'm going to start posting a few instructional videos in the near future to help give some of you a head start on using some these new products when they first come out. Now the "Twitch" doesn't appear to be brand new because some of the videos I watched came out last year (I'm not sure of the exact date)but I can see that it's been around for a while now and lots of DJs have been trying it out and making videos with it. One DJ is even offering a training course on using it on his web site! (How cool is that?) But it still goes back to my saying that you have to practice to sound really good no matter what you're using! So if you intend to become a professional DJ some day or even if you just want this to be your hobby, You need to work hard at it to sharpen your skills and not look like a fool trying to be cool. As I mentioned in a previous post, technology is moving faster than the eye can see and if you're not keeping up you will get left behind. This piece of equipment is a fine example of what I mean. The cost factor for it is not bad her (under $400.00)but don't expect to just buy it and get right on it and sound like the DJ in this video, it's gonna take plenty of work and practicing before you"ll even come close to using it like that! So in the meantime, I"ll do my part to help my readers and followers by including some of those instructional videos I find out here to help get you started. I mean hey, we're all in this together! and I'd like to get back some replys that say thanks! your blog really helped me! That's what it was intended for! So for now that about it, but as always......remember to "Stay In The Mix"

No comments:

Post a Comment