Saturday, April 7, 2012

Akai XR20 (Drum Machine Meets Hip-Hop)



Sooo, this is my first post for 2012 and I can't believe that it's April already! It was my intention to have written on my blog before now but for some reason I just couldn't seem to get into the mood. Even though I don't have a lot of followers yet I still feel a certain obligation to the ones I do have to keep you posted with the latest news and views about whats happening on the national and international DJ scene. Well, my conscience has haunted me long enough so here I am with my latest story on beat making devices.

If you've been keeping up with my post you may recall an earlier one that I did on the Akai XR-20 Beat Production Center. As I mentioned in the other post, I own one myself and I'm still learning a lot about making beats! This device has a lot of videos you can watch on "YouTube" from tutorials to live demonstrations. The one I've chosen is from Winter Namm and it's being presented by one of the spokesperson's for Akai Professional. It's not the greatest demonstration of what the machine can do, but it has good video quality and as I said there are lots of videos you can watch when this one ends if you want to see more.

This is just another in the series of post I've been running on beat production equipment and creating your own studio at home. If you're clicking over from another web-site or hopefully "mine" I hope you take the time to click "follow" and scroll back and read some of my earlier post to help bring you up to speed.

 Some of the other sites you can find me on is "ReverbNation" and of cource "FaceBook" From my facebook page you can go in and look at a lot of the music I've been listening to on "Spotify" (a very cool app) that I found through facebook. And on ReverbNation you can go in and listen to some of my mixes. I'm slowly working on getting some mixes on ReverbNation that you can purchase and download. I plan to have other products you can purchase through my web-site http://www.mmcdjlive.com (i.e T-shirts, hats, coffee mugs etc.) coming up real soon!

So as you can see, I've been busy placing new irons in the fire for future reference and something that I hope will grow to become my legacy!. These are just a few ideas and plans that I don't mind sharing with my fellow D.Js out there! After all, that is the purpose of my blog.......to help inspire those that are following in this field! So that is about all I have for you for now, but keep in touch cause there'll be plenty more to come. So as always, remember to.............Stay In The Mix!

No comments:

Post a Comment