Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Rane TTM57 DJ Mixer (The Search Is Over)

After careful review of several mixers, this is the one that had been most recommended for use with Serato Video SL.


It was a close call between the Rane 68 and the Rane TTM57 as far as which mixer goes best with Scratch Live Video software. Both Rane mixers are designed to run Serato SL1 and SL2 and the new SL Video program. And I must admit that the Rane 68 seems like the easier of the two to use. But the rane 68 is running about $2,600.00 and like I said before that's a bit pricey for your average mobile DJ. You'll save about $1,200.00 by going with the TTM57 but you're still looking at about $1,450.00 even for this model.

Either way you go, you're still going to have to load up your own videos to your iTunes library for it play video and Serato software will do the rest. I like the short video above because it shows the mixer being used with the pioneer CDJ 1000s and like I said before, this will probably be the route I'll take with video mixing.

In one of the videos I watched where the Rane 68 was being used the DJ was loading the video from Serato to his turntable decks and using Scratch Live vinyl to mix and scratch the video. I had to watch it a couple of times to see how he was playing the videos without a CD deck or video mixer. But apparently, once the videos are loaded to your SL Video library they will simply play through your Rane mixer!

Now of course you know hooking up your video monitors and recorders and what-have-you will require an interface device of some kind. Which brings to mind a very interesting interface that's out now and being introduced by a new artist that I found to be very sexy and talented. I'll give you more on the interface device and this new artist in my next blog post!

As with other videos I've posted there are more videos you can watch after the main video ends... and they all offer a little more insight to the TTM57 mixer and Serato Video Scratch Live! If you want to see the Rane 68 mixer in action with Serato Video SL just go to "Youtube" and type in Video Mixing with the Rane 68 DJ Mixer.

So keep on following this blog and I'll be coming back with lots more info on the subject of Video Mixing! And there's plenty more to come!....So until next time..."Stay In The Mix"

No comments:

Post a Comment